We have all experienced, at least once in our life, to be stuck in a rut. No idea comes to mind, you don’t know what to write about, you can’t focus, and even if you can there’s just nothing! Frustrating, right?
While I think that this is really something that just happens, I have a few tips on how you can deal with it and get your creative juices flowing!
1. Clear your mind – If you’ve been reading my blog and listening to my podcast you’ll know a thing or two about this. And trust me this will help!
2. Stop and do something else – Maybe your mind and body just really need a break so go and have a break. Do something else first and give it time. Once you feel like you’re back in the groove again, try your luck!
3. Look for inspiration – Read a book, browse the internet, listen to music, do anything that will get you inspired and give you ideas on what to do with your next project.
4. Talk to someone – If you know someone who does the same thing as you or has a similar experience talk to them for advise or for a pep talk. This will surely get you going!
5. Meditate – I know not a lot of people do this but you don’t have to literally do it. Just take a moment of silence and just start focusing in on what you want to do and what your goal is. Great ideas will hit you unexpectedly.
Try any of these the next time you’re in a rut and let me know how it works out!
Have a great day!