Every entrepreneur knows that there is a time in their business life when they need to consult an expert. But, the question is, what kind of expert? Take our team, for example. Liz is a business consultant. Emily is a strategist. Together, they are an amazing team – but their roles are very different, and often confused!
The Fundamentals of a Strategist and a Consultant
Let’s start with the fundamentals.
Consultant: A consultant gives professional advice or services. They’re an expert in their field and have a wide knowledge on the subject matter.
Strategist: A person who is skilled in making plans for achieving a goal. They know how to formulate action steps to create a great strategy.
When is it Time to Hire a Consultant or Strategist?
They say when you know, you KNOW.
Every entrepreneur reaches that phase in their business when it is time to hire external help. You’ve reached a huge milestone in your business and you want to take the next step, but you just don’t know how!
Are you currently:
- In a new phase with your business, but unsure how to take the next steps?
- Spending HOURS working for your business, with no time left to work ON it?
- Left feeling tired, drained, and unsure of what your next business steps will be?
- Unsure what kind of person to hire to help you succeed?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then it might be time to look at hiring a strategist or a consultant!
But – are you still feeling confused about who is who and what service you might need? Let’s break it down further!
Who YOU Should Hire (and When!)
You should hire a strategist if:
- You have SO many ideas for your business, but you need external expert guidance to make sense of them.
- You’re ready to launch a new product.
- You are juggling too many hats, and you want to focus on something specific within your business.
- You are unsure of your WHY – such as who you serve, what your goal is, what your mission is, your pricing, your packaging – the list can be endless!
- You’re falling out of love with your business and you want to rekindle that spark!
You should hire a consultant if:
- You know what it is you need to do, but want advice on how best to do it
- You know the how, what, why, and who, but you need an expert to execute the process.
- You want expert guidance on a particular topic!
Hopefully, this clears up the difference between a consultant and a strategist! Remember, at LI Group, we have an expert business consultant, Liz Illg, and an expert strategist, Emily Giroux! Book a call with them today to get ahead in YOUR business.
Author: Meg is a copywriter from England but currently lives in Sydney, Australia. She has been with LI Group for 1 year and loves to write for a variety of different accounts! In her spare time, she likes going for coastal walks where she contemplates life.