We are on to the last few weeks of 2015 and I find myself looking back on how much I’ve saved up and how I want to save some more next year.
Stopping yourself from buying that amazing pair of shoes or that nice bag is hard but if you want to save for something bigger and better or something that you really need, then you have to set your priorities straight.
Here are some tips you can do so save up:
1. Track expense – it helps a lot when you know where your money goes. Sometimes even the smallest of expense, if they accumulate, can make a big dent on your savings.
2. Track income – It’s important that you know how much money goes in so that you know just how much you can spend and how much to save. This makes your goals more realistic.
3. Think before you spend – Just because you want something doesn’t mean you should buy it. Really think if it’s something you need or something that is long overdue.
4. Plan out your savings – Set goals. Do you want to buy a car? A house? Do you want to retire early? Setting a place where your savings can go can help motivate you and make it easier for you.
5. Let go of the unnecessary – If you’re really on a tight budget or even if you’re not, let go of buying things that are not even useful to you.
Which of these tips would you start doing today? I’d love to know! 🙂